Guidewire applications can integrate with a variety of external systems using a diverse toolbox of services and APIs that can link it with custom code and external systems:
- Web service APIs - Web service APIs are a general-purpose set of application programming interfaces that can be used to query, add, or update Guidewire data, or trigger actions and events programmatically
- Plugins - Guidewire plugins are mini-programs that applications invoke to perform an action or calculate a result. Guidewire recommends writing plugins in GOSU.
- Messaging plugins send messages to remote systems, and receive acknowledgements of each message
- Authentication plugins define custom authentication systems
- Document and form plugins transfer documents to and from a document management system, and also help prepare new documents from templates. Additionally, there are GOSU APIs to create and attach documents
- Templates generate text-based formats containing a combination of ClaimCenter data and fixed data.
Benefits of Guidewire Integration
- Point-and-click configurable components provide out-of-the-box configuration
- Provides complex integration strategies with little or no API programming
- Integration mechanism eases the upgrade process while ensuring no loss of production time
- Provides a robust, fault-tolerant messaging infrastructure.
Marlabs maintained the application and developed regular software enhancements to support ongoing business process changes.